Postgraduate studies_International

I.U.T d'Allier allows its students to pursue their studies abroad thanks to the following diplomas:

  • DUMACI (for Business and Marketing students, only applicable on the Montluçon campus)
  • DUETI (for students across all departments) (Link to Jennifer’s diplomas article)

For many years the I.U.T has established and continues to establish positive relations with international partner institutions through different exchange programmes.

Erasmus partners

  • Belgium: KATHO - University College, Kortrijk (Courtrai)
  • Germany: Hochschule Regensburg (Ratisbonne)
  • Spain: Universidad Politécnica Cartagena, Murcia (Murcie)
  • UK: Moray College, Elgin (Ecosse)
  • Ireland: Institute of Technology, Sligo
  • Romania: Université Babeș-Bolyai de Cluj Napoca

The Erasmus scheme allows students to study abroad (3 months – academic year) in an institution from a member country of the European Union in addition to countries such as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Croatia and Turkey.

Bilateral exchanges

Bilateral exchanges pave the way to different destinations around the world. There are more than 120 different partners. Please check the 'International' section of the website of the Université Blaise Pascal in order to choose a destination according to the degree being studied.


The CREPUQ programme allows students to pursue part of their studies in a partner institution in Québec (3 months – academic year). The majority of member universities of this programme are French-speaking, only three are English-speaking.
NB: all exchange choices are subject to a selection process.

Exchanges outside of existing agreements

The Université Blaise Pascal enables students to go on exchange to higher education establishments, with which Université Blaise Pascal has connections outside its existing agreements as is the case with the University of Coventry and University of the Sunshine Coast, in the UK and in Australia respectively.

Internationalisation in I.U.T.

Can I go outside Europe on an exchange programme? How will I finance my internship abroad? Do I get any help from the government?

This section deals with questions like the ones above. On the left-hand side you will find links with useful information that we hope will respond to your queries. Please ask your tutor for further guidance if the information here does not answer your questions.


The ERASMUS STAGES scheme allows students to finance their internship in a company belonging to a member country of the European Union.

In Auvergne, students from the Université Blaise Pascal, Université d'Auvergne, Institut Français de Mécanique Français Avancée (IFMA), VetAgro Sup and the École Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture de Clermont-Ferrand (ENSACF) may get involved with the scheme.

Since 2012/2013, the Pôle de Recherche et d'Enseignement Supérieur (PRES) ''Clermont Université'' encourages and leads the group of further education institutions from Clermont-Ferrand.

Who is eligible?

  • Students registered in any establishment mentioned above
  • Students at any level of study (including PhD level), whatever the age
  • International students who are registered in any establishment mentioned above and whether an entire course or internship is to be completed.

What countries are involved in the scheme?

  • 27 countries from the European Union (not including France)
  • Four countries belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA): Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland

Croatia, Macedonia and Turkey are also included in the scheme.

What companies are involved in the scheme?

  • Any organisation regardless of working for the private or public sector, size, legal situation or economic activity.
  • The following organisations are exempt from the scheme:
  • European institutions and other Community bodies
  • Organisations managing European programmes (to avoid interest conflicts and/or double funding)
  • Diplomatic missions in Embassy or Consulate of your home country

ERASMUS internship grant payments

Duration of financing: minimum of six months

Amount of grant paid (according to the duration of the internship):

No. of months Monthly rate/€ Total grant amount/€
2 350 700
2.5 350 875
3 350 1,050
3.5 329 1,151.5
4 314 1,256
4.5 293 1,318.5
5 277 1,385
5.5 257 1,413.5
6 240 1,440

NB: Two payments will be made: 80% of the total to be paid when students leave + 20% of the total when students return.

Duration of the ERASMUS STAGES

A minimum of three months is required (2 months for diplomas such as BTS/DUT) and a maximum of 12 consecutive months is allowed.

The ERASMUS internship scheme will cover the whole duration of your time abroad. However, students need to adhere to ERASMUS' payment timetables, and the application form should be sent between 1st June and 30th September.

A combination of internships

A student having completed an ERASMUS STAGES internship is not eligible to complete a second ERASMUS STAGES internship: an ERASMUS internship can only be completed once, provided a student has completed his/her internship.

A student having completed an ERASMUS ETUDES internship is eligible to complete an ERASMUS STAGES internship of up to 24 months in total (totalling 12 months if both internships are completed in the same academic year).

Applying for an ERASMUS STAGES internship

There are a limited number of bursaries available. Therefore, students should carefully read the following before starting an application:

1) Apply as soon as possible under the supervision of the programme coordinator, varying between campuses

Montluçon: Maryvonne SUARD ou Estelle CHAVASTELON
Moulins: Claude DEVOTI
Vichy: Christine BRANDON

2) The following list includes criteria used to assess the eligibility for a bursary: the nature of the internship abroad, adherence to timetables, academic results, transport, accommodation and living costs in the host country, bursary applicant's status, etc.

If your application is successful, you campus coordinator will pass on to you the contract agreements.

Please access the following webpage for more information:

Bursaries and more help_International

When going abroad to study, as part of an exchange programme, you can receive one or several bursaries taking into account your destination and type of agreement.

Bursary holders keep their national bursary whilst studying abroad, even if they receive an additional grant.

I. M.E.N Mobility supplement

Only grant holders can receive this help for a period of two months; nine months if the student is completing professional progression as part of their 'Licence' or Master. Diplomas such as DUMACI or DUETI are not eligible for this type of financial aid.
How much will I receive? Monthly payments of €400 will be made. The fixed monthly payment can vary depending on the student's situation. However, the student will receive a minimum of two payments.
Students may receive this grant if they are taking internships in companies.

II. ERASMUS – Studies

Only students taking part in an Erasmus exchange programme will receive the grant. The duration of their exchange should last between 3 and 12 months. Students are required to pass all exams from the partner university.
Students can only receive this grant once throughout their professional training.
How much will I receive? Monthly payments of €160 will be made for the entire duration of the internship/exchange.

III. Auvergne Regional Council

All students going on exchange for a minimum of nine weeks, as part of their 'Licence', Master, DUT, DU or approved professional progression, are eligible for this form of grant.
How much will I receive? A payment of €500 per year will be made.

IV. Grant given by the city of Clermont-Ferrand

The city of Clermont-Ferrand offers these grants to students having modest incomes and going to cities such as:

Aberdeen (Scotland) / Braga (Portugal) / Gomel (The Republic of Belarus) / Norman (United States) / Oviedo (Spain) / Regensburg (Germany) / Salford (England)
All applications are submitted at the end of January.
How much will I receive? The payment can reach up to €2000 per internship.

V. Université Blaise Pascal – International Relations Services

The university's International Relations Services (IRS) financial help may be held concurrently with Auvergne Regional Council grants. IRS grants seek to support students going abroad who are not grant holders or who do not go on exchange under the Erasmus programme. The amount to be paid may vary taking into account destination.
How much will I receive? On average €166 may be paid if the exchange takes place in Europe, reaching €276 if the exchange is outside the European Union.

VI. General Council of Allier

The region of Auvergne helps students under 26 whose parents live in Allier (and thus their household income is also in Allier). Students wishing to apply for this bursary should:

  • Pursue their studies in a public or private institution in the Auvergne region
  • Pursue their studies or complete compulsory internships abroad

The bursary will be granted for an internship or a period of study of 10 weeks minimum – 36 weeks maximum by submitting an assessment of the household income.
All applications for the current academic year must be submitted via the Allier General Council website from 17th September to 30th January of the next year. Late applications will not be considered.
All students will only receive the Students' Support Funds three times throughout the total duration of their studies.

VII. Other help

The Community of Montluçon, aware of the importance of I.U.T.'s international profile, provides a subsidy with which I.U.T is able to fund the exchanges of a certain number of students.
Students can apply for other types of bursaries according to their level of study, their degree and their host country.
We advise you to apply as early as possible.
Please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for guidance in the completion of the forms (click the 'partir étudier à l'étranger' section).
For more information, please visit the Université Blaise Pascal webpage and click on 'International'.